Interested in working for the Northwest Arkansas Women’s Shelter? E-mail your cover letter and resume to Eva Rousey, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Title: Supportive Services Advocate
Primary function of this position is that of a house manager including the ability to do advocacy work.
- Maintain the safety of the shelter facility by promoting healthy communal living strategies, following emergency procedures and addressing safety concerns.
- Maintain vacant client rooms and bathrooms – clean, restock and ensure rooms are ready to used by incoming clients.
- Monitor clients compliance with their chores.
- Maintain common areas in facility.
- Maintain emergency closet and food pantries – organize and restock as needed.
- Answer crisis lien, assess needs and provide services and/or referrals to callers, including approvals for shelter.
- Provide advocacy.
- Maintain client data and documentation, including intake/departure forms and client files.
- Attend monthly staff meeting.
- Participate in required training.
- Work with other Advocates and Assistant Director to provide coordinated assistance to clients.
- Transport clients to appointments when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Dedication to the mission of the Northwest Arkansas Women’s Shelter.
- Dedication to the empowerment model of service delivery.
- Adherence to the shelter’s values of Safety, Empowerment, Integrity, Education and Inclusion.
- Education: Associate of Arts degree, working towards Bachelor’s degree in social work, human services, or related field.
- Documented experience may substitute for educational level.
- Experience in social services and/or family violence.
- Able to follow instructions and work without supervision.
- Able to remain calm in a crisis.
- No prior felony convictions for violent offenses. Background checks and drug testing will be conducted.
Supervisor: Assistant Director
Monday 9:30p.m to Tuesday 7:30a.m.
Tuesday 9:30p.m to Wednesday 7:30a.m.
Wednesday 9:30p.m to Thursdya7:30a.m.
Thursday 9:30p.m to Friday 7:30a.m.