Want to join the Northwest Arkansas Women’s Shelter Team? We are currently hiring for a Licensed Certified Social Worker. See below for more information and apply today!
Licensed Certified Social Worker
Position: Licensed Certified Social Worker (LCSW), Full Time (32 hours/week)
Location: Northwest Arkansas
Compensation: Competitive & Reasonable for the Market
Reports To: Vice President Shelter Operations
Licensed Certified Social Worker focuses on one-on-one and group meetings with in-shelter and outreach clients from the Northwest Arkansas Women’s Shelter (NWAWS), providing case management and mental health services to clients based on 32 hour week. This position will support clients dealing with mental and emotional health issues due to domestic violence, ultimately moving towards independent and violence free living upon leaving shelter, or while maintaining independent living.
This position performs advanced counseling duties so that the client can begin to understand, resolve, and heal from the traumas they have experienced during their lives due to domestic violence. This role may also collaborate with staff leadership in regards to future client advocacy programming, including providing additional recommendations for staff and volunteers.
- Provide one-on-one and group counseling, crisis stabilization, and support services to clients affected by domestic violence and/or sexual assault so that the client can begin to understand, resolve and heal from the traumas they have experienced during their lives.
- Conduct case management for clients, including assisting clients with setting goals and supporting their efforts to achieve goals.
- Maintain client data and documentation, including preparing and maintaining statistical records. Records case file information in tracking system.
- Maintain the safety of the shelter facility by promoting healthy communal living strategies, following emergency procedures, and addressing safety concerns.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Skills/Requirements – Minimum Requirements
The following related requirements apply:
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Behavioral Sciences, or directly related field
- Licensed to practice in the state of Arkansas
- Experienced leading individual, family, and group sessions
- Experienced in a residential setting (preferred, but not required)
- Ability to maintain clear professional boundaries with clients while displaying a caring and compassionate demeanor that shows empathy for the client’s situation
- Knowledge and understanding of psychological and emotional effects of trauma and violence
- Counseling and crisis stabilization techniques and resources
- Procedures for gathering evidence and researching information related to mental health guidelines while transitioning towards independent living
- Well organized, with principles and procedures for record keeping and documentation
- Computer skills, capable of working with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and client database
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Act on an ethical set of core values and beliefs, while demonstrating integrity.
- Dedication to the mission of the Northwest Arkansas Women’s Shelter
- Dedication to the empowerment model of service delivery
- Adherence to the shelter’s values of Empowerment, Integrity, Excellence, Collaboration, and Compassion.
- Able to remain calm in a crisis
- Able to demonstrate support of people of different lifestyles, beliefs, races, and temperaments
- Able to work flexible schedule as needed
- No prior felony convictions for violent offenses. Background checks and drug test will be conducted.
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of the responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the position of Licensed Clinical Social Worker – part time. Additional detail regarding any area of this job description will be provided during the interview process.
As soon as possible