Want to join the Northwest Arkansas Women’s Shelter Team? We are currently hiring for an Accounting and Operations Manager. See below for more information and apply today!
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to Jolana Aibangbee at firstname.lastname@example.org
NWAWS Accounting & Operations Manager
Position: Accounting & Operations Manager
Location: Northwest Arkansas
Compensation: $38,000+, based on experience
Reports To: Shelter President
Overview: The Accounting & Operation Manager will actively manage the organization’s accounting and financial health, including detailed bookkeeping of the general account, direct client service needs, and Thrift Store income and expenses.
Through the accounting rigor, the Accounting & Operations Manager will ensure operations are maintained within budgeted expenses; requiring coordination with the Shelter Leadership Team, Finance Committee, Board of Directors, and full shelter staff. As such, this role will develop internal and external financial reporting, driving decision making internally, with the goal of increasing external stakeholder confidence.
Furthermore, this role will oversee all grant compliance reporting and reimbursements, and serve as a secondary grant support.
Finally, this role will provide supervision and direction to the Front Office Assistant, and more general office administration needs, as well as full oversight of the payroll process.
- Ongoing accounting of NWAWS business:
- General Account:
- Daily Donations – online and physical checks
- Monthly expenditures – utilities, rent, employee reimbursements
- Thrift Store Proceeds – cash and credit card deposits, client vouchers, and reconciliations
- Full reconciliations of bank statements, credit cards, Quick Books, and Thrift Store to accurately close month in timely manner
- Direct Client Service needs:
- Weekly checks for client needs
- Managing bank ledgers – restricted funds and grant management, ongoing tracking and monthly updates
- Manage and/or oversee all payroll, taxes, retirement, and federal and state reporting
- Time Sheet management for grant reimbursements
- Manage third party payroll deductions – health care, retirement funds, employee contributions
- Develop and lead financial reporting for both Shelter Leadership Team and Finance Committee, supporting Board Treasurer during monthly Board meetings
- Coordinate Annual Budgeting process with support from Shelter Leadership Team and Finance Committee – including developing initial budget and providing ongoing oversight/tracking.
- Coordinate annual audit and maintain current financial oversight policies, with support from Shelter Leadership Team and Finance Committee.
- Manage and/or oversee all employee time benefits – vacation, personal, holiday time
- General Account:
- Manage grant reporting for all grants – including progress reports, as well maintaining all documentation and submissions for grant reimbursement process.
- Provide oversight and detailed management of all restricted funds, through grants or other personal gifts.
- Support organization with financial documentation needed within the grant writing process
- Manage Front Office Assistant – implementing job responsibilities
Skills/Requirements – Minimum Requirements
The following related requirements apply:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Minimum of 3 years accounting experience
- Experience in grant writing and grant reporting preferred
- Strong computer proficiency required:
- Driving financial rigor and efficiency (QuickBooks)
- General fluency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Well organized, with principles and procedures for record keeping and documentation
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Act on an ethical set of core values and beliefs, while demonstrating integrity.
- Dedication to the mission of the Northwest Arkansas Women’s Shelter
- Adherence to the shelter’s values of Empowerment, Integrity, Excellence, Collaboration, and Compassion.
- No prior felony convictions for violent offenses. Background checks and drug test will be conducted.
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of the responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the position of Accounting & Operations Manager. Additional detail regarding any area of this job description will be provided during the interview process.
As soon as possible