2017 Artist Information
Click HERE to download the Fresh StART Art Submission Form
A focus of Fresh StART is the silent auction of professional art submitted by local artists and artisans, and of artwork from the Shelter’s clients.
Your consideration of a submitting artwork to benefit the Northwest Arkansas Women’s Shelter is greatly appreciate. The deadline for work submitted for the silent auction is Friday, September 29th.
All 2-Dimensional media will be accepted including, but not limited to, painting media, drawing, printmaking, photography, and mixed media. 2-D fine art must be framed and ready to hang or unframed with matting and backing board and shrink-wrapped. Unframed works on canvas are acceptable if they are canvas panels or the wrap-around canvas type (gallery wrap). Artworks must be dry when submitted.
3-D fine art may include pottery, art glass, fiber, jewelry, wood, metal, mixed media, and sculpture.
Art should be an original piece, handcrafted by the donating artist. No reproduction art, please. Prints will be accepted if they are signed and numbered.
We will accept all art themes. (Razorback-themed art has been popular at this event in the past.)
Terms of Art Submission (NEW in 2017):
- The NWA Women’s Shelter will receive 50% (fifty percent) of the final auction bid amount, and the artist will receive 50% (fifty percent).
- The Northwest Arkansas Women’s Shelter will be collecting all auction payments the evening of the auction. Artists will receive their portion of the sales via check within 30 (thirty) days of the auction.
- Artists will be asked to provide a “retail price” for each of their pieces submitted. The NWA Women’s Shelter will set minimum bids starting at 50% (fifty percent) of the stated retail price.
- A “Buy It Now” option will be listed on each auction sheet, with the value set as the “retail price.”
- Any art pieces not sold at the silent auction will be held by the NWA Women’s Shelter for 2 (two) weeks. The artist will be contacted and will need to make arrangements to pick-up the artwork within that two-week period. After 2 (two) weeks, the artwork donated becomes the property of the NWA Women’s Shelter to include in future auctions at a value determined by the Shelter to be appropriate.
- The NWA Women’s Shelter reserves the right to not accept art that it deems inconsistent with its mission.
Art may be dropped off at the Mars, Inc. office (3070 S Champions Drive, Suite 105, Rogers, AR) beginning July 1, 2017. Please ensure a completed Submission Form is attached to art submitted.
Pickup of art may be possible depending on staff availability; please contact Merritt Royal at email@example.com or (479) 903-1286 to arrange.
The NWAWS will provide artists with a charitable tax receipt describing the art donated.
For promotional purposes, digital images of pieces and artist biographies are highly encouraged to promote the event through the Women’s Shelter’s social media pages. You may e-mail images to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please provide us with a short bio (200 characters or less) which we will print and place next to your artwork at the event.